Thursday, September 30, 2004

I Feel Funny

I drank my dinner last night. This was possible because I attended an event where the drinks were either A.) free or B.) paid for by someone who wasn't me. I certainly got a good buzz going and I managed, as far as I've been told, not to make a bigger ass out of myself than I normally do.

The unfortunate side effect of the all booze no food was this: it took forever for me to fall asleep and for some godforsaken reason I was wide-awake at 5:30 in the a.m. Since then, I haven't been feeling terribly well. I'm nursing an extremely mild hangover. It's one of those where I just feel kind of achy and out of joint because the vitamins have been leeched from my system, not one of the "ohmygodturnthegoddamnlightsoff wouldyoustopscreamingwaitaminute i'mtheonewho'sscreamingaboutpeoplescreaming" hangovers.

In some ways, I'm proud. A wise man once said "Never be hungover on your own time," and I'm living that dream.

That was Lao Tzu, I believe.