Saturday, October 16, 2004

I don't have the money to do anything interesting, so here I am

Saturday night and I'm sitting at home, writing on ye olde blogge. Poverty, the Bitch Goddess.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm so debt-averse. I have a credit card. Debtors' prison isn't a concern. Must be how I was raised, I suppose.

Right now I'm listening to a mashup of the Hives and the Monkees by Thriftshop XL (which I found on Get Your Bootleg On), if you're interested. It is good.

If you'll direct your attention to the sidebar to your left, you'll notice that some additions have been made. (And right now I'm listening to "Go Motherfucker Go" by Nashville Pussy.) I'm not going to link to the new stuff here because the links are over there <----. If you're too lazy to the move the mouse yonder about half an inch, then there's precious little I can do to help you. William Gibson, author extraordinaire, is blogging again. There's also a link to East Village Radio. They livestream some of the kind of things that I like to listen to, but not all. So far I haven't heard any Motorhead, it's mostly been post-punk and obscure 80s new wave and underground hiphop and an Ella Fitzgerald song. Should I hear the dulcet tones of Lemmy Kilmister's voice, I swear with both hands on The Good Book that I will listen to nothing else.
(Lemmy Kilmister)

The other new links are mostly DC-centric. It's only fitting, since I've lived here for three years now.

"Fun Things to Do in DC" is extremely well written. The subject matter is self-evident, I hope. I have several complaints about this city, but on its worst day, DC can at least say to me: "I'm not Fort Smith Fucking Arkansas." The one instance where Fort Smith trumps DC, and Jackie can testify, is that the parties in the Fort don't suck baLLz. Admittedly, this is informed by my own very particular experience, but where I'm from, the object of a party is to fuck shit up and have a lot of fun while doing it. A party is not for networking or trying to act sophisticated.

Links to the Black Cat and the 9:30 Club blah blah music blah can't afford blah

And finally, Loosely Couple Activities (not DC) and DCeiver (probably DC). Both of these fine folks have shown Our Imperial Majesty the link love. How long this has been the case, I don't know, as I'm not terribly perceptive, but I've noticed now. I didn't even have to pay them anything.

Gentlemen, for your initiative and good taste, you are hereby awarded the Order of the Snoop Dogg Diamond Shocker.