Saturday, November 13, 2004

Yearning for ink yet again

Me want new tattoo.

So, I've been looking around on the Al Gore Memorial Superhighway, and I've found some pretty cool pieces.

Given my predeliction for the nekkid/near-nekkid ladies, I wouldn't mind something like this:

(by Rodney Raines at ACE Custom Tattoo)

or this

(also by Rodney Raines)

But Jackie has made the point, and it's well-taken, that I probably don't want to be a walking nudie mag. Unless I start landing interviews with important people and A-list authors start submitting their original fiction. Then it'd be okay to be a nudie mag. Then I'd be "classy."

So looking around some more, I found these, which are rad but in a less skeezy way:

(by Chris Stuart at ACE Custom Tattoo)


(by Rodney Raines)

As I've mentioned before, I really like the updated-classical style of tattooing. Not exclusively by any means, it's just in the top five. Styles not in the top five include tribal, Asian pictographs (link via my.bicycle), celtic, and tribal. And yes, tribal does need to be said twice.

And to show I'm not only thinking of myself, here's something for Jackie:

(by Joe Capobianco)

And something for Neko:

(also by Joe Capobianco)

I'm still working on stuff for Non-Scarlett GF, FJ, and Cyborg Squirrel, but worry not, something will be found.

I've also seen some cool things that aren't all that practical for me. For example, "Cat Fight" by Mr. Capobianco:

A very cool concept, but a little too much for me.

So, yeah, that's all I have to say, really. I wish I knew of some inkers in the greater DC area, but my friends around here don't seem to be much for permanent body modification. Pity, really.