Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I find your lack of deodorant disturbing

It's now a week since I returned from the Old World. I had a very nice time, to say the least, in various Germanic and Slavic countries with NonScarlett GF. I got twelve stamps in my passport, which makes me much more excited than it should. And I've been to a hot spring in Hungary, a first for me.

I can say without reservation Hungarian is the strangest language I've ever heard. Normally, when I go to a country that doesn't speak English like God intended, there are at least a few words that are familiar. Not so in Hungary. Even pronunciation is a complete mystery. For example, we passed through a village that the sign describes as "Becsehely Ujmajor" (with a peculiar umlaut or two thrown in). Now, to my mind, that would probably be pronounced "betchyahelly oomayor" or something. However, I can guarantee you it is not. It probably sounds like "reginald weatherbottom the third." You think I'm joking.

Another thing I noticed: Hungarians tend to be, shall we say, a stocky people. Not fat, just... broad.

Otherwise, most of our time was spent with NonScarlett GF's folks in North Croatia. No trips to the coast this year, so no eurotitties to be seen. However, a few young lasses at the previously mentioned hot spring were wearing thongs, so that was okay. They didn't really have the goods to pull off that particular piece of swimwear, but "A" for effort.

Soon after I got back, I posted pics from the trip to my flickr page. In my infinite wisdom, I posted the highest resolution pictures I could, and since I have a free account, that totaled five. In an attempt to fortify these meager photographic scraps, I deleted the huge pictures, hoping to replace them with a larger quantity of relatively smaller pictures. Alas, it was not to be. Once you've maxed out your free monthly uploads, they're gone for good. So now there's one picture from the trip on there, and the rest will have to wait. But next month, oh the wonders you will see! They include the pizzeria of the DEVIL and a town called "bitch."

I suppose the big news is that sometime next month NonScarlett GF is coming to our United States so that she and I can be married on the first of October. So if any of you think you really deserve an invitation, send the relevant details to the e-mail address in the blogger profile.

And many belated congratulations and salutations to Briantologist and his special lady friend on their new addition. I hear they go great with barbecue sauce.